Last night we had our first meeting of the semester. We may have had a miracle take place last night in the chapel of the Newman Center when over fifty members were lined up and ready for a photo in less than five minutes! That has to be a record. We did make some changes from the e-mail update I sent out earlier this week. We moved the 80s/90s Dance Party to next Friday, February 4th. Also, Amy has Spring Parking passes available in the office for the active paid members. Looking ahead, we have several exciting events planned that we hope you all can join us at! Below is the agenda from last night's meeting:
- Adopt-A-Family Update
- March for Life Update
- KCCSC: February 11-13 (deadline to sign up is Monday, January 31)
- Food Pantry Service Project
- 80s/90s Dance Party: February 4th starting at 8:00pm
- Second-Half Super Bowl Party: February 6th following Mass
- Busy Person Retreat: February 27 - March 3
- Spring Break Mission Trip: Going to Chicago to work for Missionaries of Charity. If interested, sign up in the front room of the Newman Center. We will be keeping everyone updated with deatails.
- Banquet and Ball: April 30th at 5:00pm
We did make one change this semester that we did not talk about last night concerning Free Lunch Wednesday. Due to the financial burden, increased numbers and limits in eating and cooking space, the lunch will only be free for paid members. Individuals who have not paid their dues can still eat for $2.00. You can still pay your dues to Amy in the office.
Take Care and God Bless,
Sean O'Neill, Newman Club President